Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Who would of thought..4 years later

Jan. 9th, 2003 - life changed for me. Not only for me, but for my family and friends. Jan. 9th will be a day none of us will forget especially me. It is a day I always go back to when I think I'm having a bad day. Being diagnosed with cancer at the age of 25, newly married was a bit of a shock for me. I always knew in my life, ever since I could remember, something rare (good or bad) would happen to me. On that day, Jan. 9th- I told my brother in the a.m. I had cancer, oddly to say he knew it too. So many times in our life God touches us and speaks to us, but how often do we listen? For some reason in that hospital room, my brother and I shared the same sense. I knew from that point forward my life would never be the same. Thoughts flooded my head- how long will I live? What do I do now? What about all my family- my husband what will they do? I never thought about being a mommy not once during that day. Maybe if I did I would not have chosen to have a hysterectomy, maybe I would have saved my eggs. I look back at that day and I wonder why me? Why was I put in this position? I know everything in our lives happen for a reason- I asked Hank on Sunday I still do not know the reason behind the cancer and not being able to carry a child. He simply said "someday you will". I woke up this a.m. and I figured it out- God wanted Hank and I do adopt. He knew that there was a baby out there for us that might not have had a chance without us. I sit here and wait for my 4 year check up and I think how lucky I am to adopt- to be a mommy- to a special child that was put on this earth for us.

**** Note from HB IV- All went well today with Dr. Yim (truly and angel from above) who gave Tricia a clean bill of health- 4 years cancer free!!! While 9-Jan was a scary day for the Belz and Smith families we thank God that He has seen us through all of this and pointed us down the road He has, curved as it might be. Through thick and thin, more thin than thick :-) we cherish each day. To ALL of our friends and family that provide us with support and love, THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts. We can not wait until the day we walk down the concourse at Lambert for our homcoming with BabyBelz. It will be so very special. Trish, I am SO very proud of you. I love you :-) ..... CHEERS!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes 2004 is a year no one wants to have happen again,but you r a survior, and will make some child a great mommy. We love u. Aunt Tam

Libby said...

You are our hero Tricia! You have shown us all what the meaning of strength, endurance, enthusiasm and perservearance means. You WILL become a Mommy one day and be a very good one at that. God only gives us what we can handle and although we may never fully understand his reasons for doing things - he has a plan. He has a special baby picked out for you and Hank and will someday reveal his plan to you!

We love you and have been thinking about you today!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Jamuary 9, 2004 is a date none of us want to remember but we will never forget it. It did change your life forever but it also taught you a lot of things about life. Just remember being a mom and dad doesn't mean being able to have children naturally it means being able to love, care for, nuture, respect and vherish that child FOREVER! You and Hank were chosen to be special parents to a special child whose life will be forever changed because of all of this. God took away your ability to have children naturally but He has given you the blessing of still being a mom and dad the greatest reward in life. You and Hank will be great parents. We love you so much. LOVE MOM & DAD

Anonymous said...

Yes,January 04 is a day you and those who love you will never forget,but today I'm thinking of January 05 and 06 and 07 and 08 and how God has blessed us with the wonderful news that you are cancer free! He hears our prayers and I'm so thankful. That special baby will be blessed to have you two for parents.
Belle

Anonymous said...

Hen, YOU and Tricia are both survivors. YOU and Tricia have been given many blessings in this life.
I was given a blessing when you were born. You both will experience the same thing when Baby Belz is finally home.

xxxooo

Libby said...

Yipee for BOTH of you! Tim, Jack, Mason and I are thrilled to pieces and so happy that God continues to hear our prayers of good health for Tricia! We all love you very much!!!

Stevens Family said...

What a great milestone Tricia.

2008 has so many great things to come. Come on referral!!!

Anonymous said...

Well I didn't know you guys back in 2004, but I am so thankful to have both of you in my life now!We have had lots of good times together these last couple of years and Mike and I look forward to future memories with Baby Belz and Baby Judy! You guys are going to be great parents!