Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Pay it forward

I just wanted to share with you all a fun start to my day. Something you do not see very often is the act of kindness and pure customer service. In my line of work customer service is number 1 and we focus entirely on it. I'm sure we have all heard of "pay it forward" and it would be great if the world actually did that. Well today I had a great, but simple, experience at Starbucks. Now keep in mind this Starbucks will be closing at the end of the year, and I think it made my experience even better. So here it goes.... I pull up to the drive through to order my usual Venti soy latte. For some reason I just knew today would be great. The nice young man asked every so politely "How can I help you", as normal I ordered my venti soy latte and some organic milk. However, I realized that it's approaching fall and every fall, for a limited time, they offer the pumpkin spice. I just love the pumpkin spice shot in my latte so I asked "hey by chance is the pumpkin spice flavor back?" He replied with " no, not yet" So I just said "ok, thanks" and pulled through. When I pulled up to the window to pay and to grab my delicious morning boost 3 men were standing there with big smiles on their young faces. One of them grabbed my money and another one handed me my beverage. I grab the drink and he said "here try it and tell me what you think". To myself I thought.. "hmm, I've had this drink a million times, but I guess this is a new thing.. try before you drive." I took that first sip and much to my surprise--PUMPKIN SPICE. I tasted the delicious flavor that only comes once a year and thanked the boys with a big smile. I can tell I made their day as well as they did mine. I drove off with a big smile and a delicious drink thinking to myself-- THIS WILL BE A GREAT DAY. THANK YOU GOD. The point of the story is, a simple gesture or smile can make any one's day. I hope this story made your day and remember to pay it forward. And if everyone can do me one favor... HAVE A GREAT DAY. All my love- Tricia

4 comments:

Dessie said...

It's entries like this that reminds me of how much I love you cousin. I miss you!

Cathy said...

Thanks for sharing! Cathy and I can't wait for the day Emma & Sophie get to play together! T & C

Stevens Family said...

Love it and yes, it put a smile on my face. I bet they just loved making your day first thing in the morning.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tricia and Hank! I used to be one of your nurses with Dr. Y...didn't want to spell out his name for privacy reasons. I really miss seeing you since I left the clinic for a corporate insurance job. I think of you often and pray your dreams come true with your little angel! Have you guys been over to see her yet? When might you get her? Lots of changes since I left the clinic in Dec...bought a neat fixer upper house on 3.5 acres in Defiance and got married in April. Things are going well. I am so happy that things are working out for you guys! I know you have been trying hard and so excited! I read something about a Verizon closing here and was thinking of you all an wondering if you guys were going to transfer somewhere else. You are in my prayers.

Thinking of You!
Camille